To Purchase Carlene K SHINE BRONZER visit www.CarleneKCosmetics.com
I had so much fun doing this look on Nicole for People Choice Awards. She performed “Good Girls Go Bad” with Cobra Starship, so we were goin for exactly that, a bad girl look. It was great because when paired with the long bronze gown she wore on the red carpet, she looked like an absolute goddess.
For her skin I used Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation to keep it nice n golden. I used 3 colors, to shade and highlight.
I always use a translucent powder to set it, so that it doesn’t change the color of the foundation (RCMA brand). I then used Baked Bronzer from Urban Decay to warm up her skin in the right spots but also to add a subtle glow.
On her eyes I took a black pencil to draw the shape and then started blending it out. I wanted her eye lid as black as possible so I used Smashbox Waterproof Shadow liner in Smolder all over the lid. I blended it into the crease and outward. Then I smudged it under the eye to give it the smokey look
Everyone always asks me how to do the perfect smokey eye, the key is BLENDING!!! Its so easy to mess up a look like that, so my favorite trick is to take a dark brown and smudge it at the edge of the black. I then use a blending color at the edge of that, something like Naked or Abc Gum from Urban Decay. Blend that color into the crease and up onto the brow bone.
I usually use Matte colors like this on the brow bone and in the crease. Shimmers are light reflective, so sometimes when a picture is taken, all you’ll see is shimmer and the color gets lost. I prefer shimmer on the lid and under the brow for highlight. When doing the winged out shape its okay to make a bit of a mess, i know i certainly do. Once i feel the shape is right, I take a sponge or foundation brush with foundation on it and swipe from under the eye outward. It cleans up all the shadow that fell, and makes the line super clean and sharp. For mascara my fav is Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara!
We love to get her brows perfect, so I used Urban Decay Brow Kit in Brown Sugar. Must Have Product! It comes with mini tweezers, mini slanted brush and brow wax.
For Nicole’s cheeks I used a blush that was a pink gold from Bourjois. It gave her an amazing glow as well.
Since the eyes were so strong, I wanted to keep the focus there, so we went with a subdued nude on the lips. I love Cherish and Myth from MAC. I added a touch of gloss by Too Faced, the color was Canary Diamond. Love that gloss, it looks good over any lipstick!
After the red carpet she changed into a super sexy black mini dress, so we wanted to really kick up the look for her performance. I added a swipe of Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter liner in Glam Rock, starting in the middle of her eye blended it over the winged black.
I saved my favorite product for last!!! Its what finishes the entire look. It’s important to me when doing my job to have everything look polished from head to toe. Sooo I created a body bronzer on Nicole and the Pussycat Dolls a few years back. Carlene K “Shine Body Bronzer” will be launching online in just a few months!! im beyond excited to share it with everyone. Shine Body Bronzer, not only makes you look tan but gives your skin theee most amazing glow ever. It dries down completely so you literally feel nothing on your skin and it doesn’t rub off on everything around you. Its kind of amazing haha.:) I’ll let you guys know as soon as its ready.
Thats basically it. I truly enjoyed the day at the awards, had such a blast with Nicole and the team. Hope y’all liked it. You can reach me on Twitter with any makeup questions you may have. www.Twitter.com/CarleneKmakeup
lots of love,
Carlene K xoxo
- more-x likes this
- noneofthisplease likes this
- berthahofficial likes this
- lozabelle likes this
- cherebomb reblogged this from carlenek
- keefkat likes this
- chasing-rosaries likes this
- bejabeja likes this
- allergy-information likes this
- pandaranol-yvonnic likes this
- pandaranol-yuli likes this
- pandaranol-aldo likes this
- pandaranol-yun1 likes this
- pandaranol-scott1 likes this
- pandaranol-yoland likes this
- pandaranol-adriana likes this
- pandaranol-ainsley likes this
- pandaranol-adrian likes this
- pandaranol-aileen likes this
- pandaranol-younous likes this
- pandaranol-alanis likes this
- violette-pandaranol likes this
- pandaranol-youssouf likes this
- pandaranol-alexzander likes this
- pandaranol-alexia likes this
- pandaranol-scipion likes this
- pandaranol-seddik likes this
- pandaranol-aboubakar likes this
- pandaranol-albert likes this
- pandaranol-youenn likes this
- bleue-pandaranol likes this
- pandaranol-saphir likes this
- pandaranol-abonde likes this
- pandaranol-yvon likes this
- le-pandaranol1 likes this
- pandaranol-sassoun likes this
- orange-pandaranol likes this
- pandaranol-adan likes this
- pandaranol-sasha likes this
- pandaranol-abagail likes this
- pandaranol-yonathan likes this
- pandaranol-searle likes this
- pandaranol-yvann likes this
- pandaranol-ali likes this
- pandaranol-alejandro likes this
- pandaranol-alexandre likes this
- pandaranol-sauveur likes this
- pandaranol-yorick likes this
- pandaranol-aleah likes this